Man Utd boss Rangnick says there are 'no problems' with Lingard
Manchester United interim boss Ralf Rangnick said on Monday there were no issues between himself and Jesse Lingard, after the two men appeared to be at loggerheads last week over the midfielder's availability.
Rangnick said Lingard had asked for time off after failing to secure a loan move ahead of United's FA Cup fourth-round tie against Middlesbrough while the player himself claimed it was the club that advised him to sit out the match.
The United boss attempted to clear up any confusion as he spoke to reporters to preview Tuesday's Premier League trip to relegation-threatened Burnley.
"With regard to Jesse, I have a very good relationship with him," said the German. "We have to look forward now. There were no problems whatsoever between myself and Jesse and vice versa.
"I'm happy to have him in the squad and he will be a member of the squad for tomorrow's game."
Striker Edinson Cavani will also be back in contention for the trip to Turf Moor after been rested for the Middlesbrough clash, which United lost on penalties, at his own request following his return from international duty with Uruguay.
Rangnick was asked whether a squad overhaul was needed after the disappointing result at Old Trafford, which ended United's best chance of winning silverware this season.
"I don't think so because overall, I think the development of the team and our performances in the last couple of weeks have improved, including, by the way, the cup game," he said while bemoaning his side's wastefulness in front of goal.
He added: "We invested the whole week into the game-plan, into improving our game in possession of the ball and very many of those things have been confirmed by the team and shown on the pitch against Middlesbrough."
United are currently fourth in the Premier League table after two straight wins, narrowly ahead of a clutch of clubs also chasing Champions League qualification for next season.